[haiku-development] Re: Discussing GSoC 2015 Ideas

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 12:47:13 -0700

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 6:38 AM, Adrien Destugues
<pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Our application was rejected by Google this year, so no GSoC for us. We will
> know more about why it is so after the "rejection meeting", this week-end.

To follow up on this - we were rejected simply to make room for
newer/smaller orgs that haven't had an opportunity to participate in
GSoC. Google must make the difficult decision to cut good orgs each
year as well - the same thing happened in 2013, and I anticipate this
pattern will continue to happen in the future.

- Urias