[haiku-development] Re: Busted!

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 17:10:26 +0200

On Sun, 24 May 2009 09:48:01 -0500, Zaranthos wrote
> > I think it's time some developers got OFF Linux and actually used
> > Haiku as a daily system. I'm fairly sure the bugs would suddenly
> > become apparent.
> >
> Can't say I agree with a lot of your comments, or your tone, but I
> agree with this. It's time for Haiku to get out of the test tube.

Ehm, do our mails not get through or are they ignored? This has come up a few
times already and it was stated multiple times that some of use use it
exclusively (as far as I know most core developers at least use it regularly
for daily work).

What do you expect really? Of course we are using it. Do you think we've been
working on Haiku for all this time simply to have it as a second option? I
can't speak for the others, but for me I absolutely want to use Haiku as my
only platform. Something which has worked out for me since almost a year.

And really, Haiku is as much "your" system as it is for the developers.
Everyone understanding the stage of Haiku and what this means for data
integrity is invited to use it daily. With good bugreports that include the
necessary information, this can bring the system forward a good deal.

Regards
Michael