[haiku-development] Re: Alpha-1 merging and status

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 13:08:55 -0700

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Stephan Assmus<superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2009-09-08 at 16:30:31 [+0200], scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > * I just noticed that git and mercurial are not installed? -> Will
>> > investigate and fix...
>> >

>> We were going to merge these in last night but held off since git needed
>> to have libiconv in place first, which it seems it is now, and I see you
>> just add git and mercurial so we should be set here. Thanks.
>
> I tested whether the programs launch and they do. I didn't have time to
> check whether all of svn, cvs, hg and git are able to check out a repo. So
> if someone wants to do that, I think we are fine as far as the optional
> packages go. I know WonderBrush is missing, but it isn't crucial. I will be
> around to update the package when needed. I guess similar things apply to
> Vision. ;-)
>
> BTW, thanks Scott for working on all these packages, you are doing a great
> job!
>
> Best regards,
> -Stephan

cvs passed the CMake dashboard test, which is one where it had failed
in the past, so this latest build is as good as previous builds.
Maxime has used this build of git on trunk to checkout webkit AFAIK
and hasn't had any issues.  Mercurial (hg) relies on python, so it may
run into some issue in places where our python ports has troubles, so
we'll see how that one goes once it sees some use.  For svn I've used
it to check out Pe and some other stuff and even did a checkin or two
to haikuports with it, so it seems to be good to go as well.
For Pe and Vision this was reported, we have updated the zips and just
need to apply the patch:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/4450
-scottmc