[haiku-development] Re: Alpha-1 merging and status

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 21:30:51 -0700

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Michael Lotz <mmlr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi

>> > Cool, thanks a lot! I'd say since we do not expect anywhere near as
>> > many downloads for the sources as for the release files they don't
>> > necessarily need to be mirrored. In general I'd say we put them on
>> > haiku-files. If need be we can always distribute them from there.
>> > The
>> > target folder should be haiku-files.org/files/releases/r1alpha1/
>> > source
>> > (or sources, Rene will create the initial one for the buildtools
>> > upload)
>> > so they all end up at the same spot.
>>
>> any preference for the nomenclature?
>
> Rene went with haiku-r1alpha1-buildtools-2009-09-12.tar.bz2 for the
> tar.bz2 which makes clear that these are sources meant to go with haiku
> r1alpha1.
>
> Regards
> Michael

For the sources, I'm just going to take the raw tar balls as I got
them and move them over.  If someone wants the source so they can
build it themselves, all the build details and patches if needed are
already provided on Haiku-Ports.
I don't know why we'd want to rename them.  I'll probably start moving
them in tomorrow.
-scottmc