[haiku-development] Re: Alpha-1 merging and status

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 22:10:49 +0200

Hi Stephan,

2009/9/8 Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>:
> Hi all,
>
> regarding the supposed freeze of the image tomorrow... I just spoke to
> Marcus on the phone and he would like to get some more ATA problems
> resolved. With Axel and Ingo gone, it's quite a lot of work overall. I know
> Oliver is looking into some Haiku regressions that surface in the Perl
> tests... and will one week from tomorrow be enough for the website
> migration? To me it seems Jorge has to shoulder quite a lot.
>
> From my perspective, the image is now in quite good shape. It was
> definitely a good move to set a date and have everyone in bug-fixing mode.
> But at the same time, freezing tomorrow seems to me like we are perhaps
> rushing things a slight bit too much. What's the general feeling?

I was just writing a reply when your message popped up. How much time
do you think you guys need? I would say that if it were only a few
days, it would be your call when you think it is finished (since you
are managing the release branch). If it is a longer period (a week,
two weeks), then that will influence other things like the website
migration and that must be properly decided.

So that's a question for you and Marcus I guess.

N.