[haiku-development] Re: Alpha-1 merging and status

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 08:07:29 -0700

Hi Stephan,

Stephan Assmus wrote:
> How many days does the spreading of the final image to the mirrors really
> take? We could still try to aim for the 14th and only slip a little if the
> ATA fixes don't make it in time for spreading the image.

I don't know how long it takes for the images to spread to the various
mirrors. Hopefully Urias can enlighten us in that respect. With regards
to the timing, we will have the website ready for the 14th, but we will
somebody to give us the green light to make the switch in the end.

>>> IMHO we should even reconsider requiring a package manager for R1 --
>>> the last major missing R1 feature -- which would allow us to start the
>>> code consolidation for the R1 betas and thus the final release any day
>>> after the alpha release.
>>>

>> +1
>>

> I am undecided. I could certainly live without the package management in
> place for R1, but I wouldn't throw it out just yet. Though it looks like I
> won't have any time to help so I should probably shut up... :-D

I am with Ingo here: I would rather wrap up the alpha/betas and release
R1 sooner
than hold R1 back for the sake of a package manager. IMHO, of course. ;)

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki