[haiku-development] Alpha 1 praises / vim gripes.

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 18:05:00 -0500

Good afternoon all,

First let me say the Alpha 1 Haiku image is looking great, running it on my
Dell Optiplex SX270 and everything works great (even sound!).  Heck, Haiku
this close to R1 is giving me the warm fuzzies.

I do a have a silly complaint about vim though, I am way too spoiled
editing C,C++,etc in color vim.
vim 7.2/color support
This can be enabled by:
updating the vim packages to the 7.2 ones on haiku-files.org or adding the
syntax files to /etc/vim/syntax/ in 6.3
adding ' export TERM=xterm-color ' to the /etc/profile (this works but may
not be 100% proper.)
adding ' syntax enable ' to vimrc or leaving it to the user to run a '
:syntax enable '

anyway, here is to happy and bug free alpha 1!

--
Thanks!
Alexander von Gluck