[haiku-development] Re: Alpha 1 praises / vim gripes.

  • From: André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 21:57:47 -0300

2009/9/13 scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>:
> We did put in nano for those command line people who need an editor
> that works remotely.  For local use, many will just use lpe on the
> command line or just open Pe.

lpe? Never noticed it! Will check it out eventually.

As for nano, um, I still have weird feelings about the whole nano vs
vim situation and I usually refrain myself from saying anything on
this subject, since my message saying that the first thing I usually
do when using a Unix-like workstation is to install nano (even locally
to my user) was kind of the catalyst for the discussion that
culminated in replacing vi for nano as the included CLI editor... And
I never intended things to go that far. So, well, blame's on me (/me
ducks), and I sure remember the "remote editor" argument, as there was
a suggestion of not including any command line editor at all.

A.