[haiku-development] Re: Adding attributes to media files with MediaPlayer (volume, etc.)

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 22:21:54 -0400

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 2:30 AM, Humdinger<humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What I would find even more useful are attributes for setting
> bookmarks/chapters and a
> last_position that's set when exiting MediaPlayer. Of course, MediaPlayer
> would have to be
> adapted to use these things.

I definitely have had thoughts about setting a last_position for
videos, but I'm not sure if it would get annoying. Of course it could
be turned off and could be configured to not save the position if you
are within a certain percentage of the end (where credits are on
movies and TV shows.)

This would certainly be behavior for a media center program though
(which is where I first thought about it.)

--
Regards,
Ryan