[haiku-development] Adding attributes to media files with MediaPlayer (volume, etc.)

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:02:34 -0400

Enhancement #1503 has been sitting in my ticket list for some time:

http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1503

As indicated in the ticket I got a list of the attributes added by
R5's MediaPlayer, which could be used as a start for what to add with
Haiku's MediaPlayer.

Of course our MediaPlayer is a bit fancier with a playlist and all, so
it may not be as simple as just saving and loading attributes. Some
may only be useful at launch (like the frame attribute to place the
window), while others (like the volume setting) might be useful even
when loading files from a playlist. Also does anyone know what the
int64 inpoint and outpoint attributes are?

I'm mainly sending this email to inquiry if others think these are
useful to add. I probably still won't have time to do it for the alpha
though.

--
Regards,
Ryan