[haiku-development] Re: Adding attributes to media files with MediaPlayer (volume, etc.)

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 10:07:29 +0200

Hi,

On 2009-08-29 at 01:28:07 [+0200], Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I just want to make sure it makes sense given MediaPlayer's current
> architecture. Hopefully Stephan can chime in, hint, hint.

I think per video window frame is useful for demos, but I would rather
focus the MediaPlayer persistency more on the regular user.

I use the MediaPlayer to listen to music, and for video playback. I would
love if it had a way to distinguish between the two uses. It gets more
complicated because it can playback more files at once. Maybe we want to
prevent this for audio-only clips? No idea.

In any case, I think we should focus on the alpha more at this time. Even
just discussing these things right now is somewhat a distraction, though I
really do not mean this in a rude way, just mentioning. We have some
critical tasks left before we can release, even if it is just rewriting
headers. We should definitely discuss how the persistency in MediaPlayer
should work, so that it can be improved for Alpha2! :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan