[haiku-development] Re: ARM-Port and GSoC

  • From: Johannes Wischert <johanneswi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 23:56:05 +0200

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Johannes Wischert <johanneswi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> boot from network would be quite usefull for development I see there
>> is some code for netboot already present is it in a working state? I
>
> It works fine with PXE on x86, at least.
>
>> looked at some other SD-driver sources and I think it's quite easy to
>> implement and the beagleboard has no ethernet port so we would need a
>> working USB-Stack and working USB-Ethernet drivers... So I'm more
>> inclined towards using the sd card.
>
> Endian issues aside, the USB stack should be made work without too many
> problems I would assume. I don't know if we already support ethernet
> via USB, though. I just remember that Michael could surf the net using
> his phone via USB in Haiku.

endianness is no issue since this board uses little endian but other
boards could produce some problems. The USB-Controller is on the cpu
itself and is well documented so I could add a USB-driver if I am out
of work to soon ;) USB-Ethernet should not be to difficult, too since
almost all USB-Ethernet devices use the same profile...