[haiku-development] Re: APM and shutdown

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 23:16:52 +0200

Am 12.08.2008 um 22:45 schrieb richard jasmin:

I cant find gcc2 and I've set up gcc packages much as i can.

gcc2 is in buildtools/trunk/legacy/ IIRC

I was referring to Debian or Linux versions, this one wont build itself
for some reason.
- --OR--
at least some way to use gcc2 instead of gcc4. im not too familiar with
all the gcc options, usually compile from within an IDE.version is
defaulting to gcc4.

The problem is you keep referring to irrelevant things, like cvs or gcc2 for Linux.

To build Haiku, you need "any" GCC on your host (Linux in your case) *and* one of the two inside Haiku's buildtools/. Whether your Linux uses GCC 2.x, 3.x or 4.x shouldn't really matter much, except for GCC 4.3.x. The latter seems to require a workaround, as posted on this list. If your `gcc --version` says 4.3, please simply read it. Otherwise take whatever GCC you have installed and ignore the workaround. If this does not work for you, we need a precise, understandable bug report.

You won't find Linux packages of the GCC tools part of Haiku, they are built locally from your SVN checkout and updated occasionally. The version used (2.95.3 or 4.1.2) is determined by the options you pass to Haiku's configure script, see `./configure -h`. No need to touch any gcc options. For the ppc target you do need to choose Haiku's gcc4 currently, for x86 you can choose.

Andreas