[haiku-development] Re: APM and shutdown

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 22:43:42 +0200

Am 12.08.2008 um 21:54 schrieb François Revol:

At the time the choice was made there were still lot of boards
supporting APM, now most only support ACPI anyway so it shouldn't have
any impact onthem.

If we're talking about power management again here (having real trouble to follow), I personally don't care whether we use APM or ACPI or something else - the box should just power off on shutdown.

The kernel settings file says ACPI is on by default, so that is either wrong or poweroff is not yet implemented or there's a bug, or my machine doesn't fully support it. Let me know if I should file a bug and what data might be of interest for either approaches.

Andreas