[haiku-development] Re: 18pt font GUI test

  • From: "Euan Kirkhope" <euan.kirkhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 13:20:21 +0100

On 08/06/07, Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Stefano Ceccherini" <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2007/6/8, Fredrik Ekdahl <fekdahl@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Should menus be using the plain font instead of the
> > fixed size that seems to be used now?
>
> There's a specific font settings for menus, settable in
> the Menu preflet.

Would it be a bad idea to deprecate/ignore the separate color and font
size settings for menus, and let Fonts and Appearances have the final
word on these things?

If the menu font is to be kept separate, it may be good to also include
it in the Fonts preflet, even though it's not entirely logical to group
it with the system fonts. But it's also not logical, from a user point
of view, to change the system font size and not have the menus scale.

/Jonas.

I don't know, but in Ubuntu I have the menus \ window titles set to 2
pt larger than the system font size, and it looks quite nice, but
makes it a bit better to work with on my small laptop screen.  So
having at least some granularity is a bit useful.