[haiku-development] Re: 18pt font GUI test

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 15:01:31 +0200 CEST

Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hopefully this won't start a large discussion, but the record, I too
> think
> that Fonts should be moved into Appearance. The font settings then in
> Appearance should have one more option for the menu font. The command
> key
> setting should possibly go into the Keymap preflet, because that's
> more
> likely the place you go looking for it first. I don't know about how
> much
> the rest of the menu settings are needed by users. I can't comment
> really,
> I don't use them.

How about renaming "Appearance" to "Colors" for R1, and leave the rest
as is?

I wouldn't mind moving the font stuff out of Menu and into Fonts, and
the shortcut stuff to Keymap, and then consequently remove Menu - but I
would rather like seeing us fixing the remaining bugs instead of doing
too many of those other things way too early in the game.
Few people will be bothered if we keep the preferences apps the way
they were in R5, anyway.

Bye,
   Axel.