[haiku-development] Re: 18pt font GUI test

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 15:06:08 +0200 CEST

Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > As you can see at the different font sizes used in the alert, this
> > can
> > obviously happen when you switch font sizes during runtime. That's
> > just
> > a bug, probably in the app_server's drawing state implementation :-
> > )
> You mean it should be consistent and keep using the previously used
> font
> (the font/size that was active when the drawing state was
> initialized)?

No, I mean that a new drawing state is always initialized with the
current system plain font, rather than with the current application's
thought-of system plain font.
IOW be_plain_font must stay the same in an application and the
app_server for that application. Only if the client asks for an updated
font (ie. the app should be notified about global font changes, and the
layout engine could then request the updated font from the server, and
relayout the views).

Bye,
   Axel.