[haiku-development] Re: 18pt font GUI test

  • From: Łukasz 'Sil2100' Zemczak <sil2100@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 19:30:20 +0200

Hi,

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> I'll probably work on some of these. I still need to finish my article
> about the layout system which I started months ago. Hopefully that
> will help others join the fray to use the layout system to fix some of
> these font issues.

Since I already did some font sensitivity patches in the past, I am
currently working on the Time preferences application to fix its font
issues in my free time (not much, but enough for my font sensitivity
obsession ;-)). Stefano mentioned to me about the layout system API a
while back, but I didn't have the time to look at it closer.

Is using the layout system the preferred method for such tasks, or can
it be done 'the old way'? Another thing would be whether I should also
use this API in the PackageInstaller, or is it that it just doesn't make
any difference?

--
Best regards,
Łukasz 'Sil2100' Zemczak

WIRTUALNA  POLSKA  SA, ul. Traugutta 115c, 80-226 Gdansk; NIP: 957-07-51-216;
Sad Rejonowy Gdansk-Polnoc KRS 0000068548, kapital zakladowy 62.880.024 zlotych
(w calosci wplacony)