[guispeak] Re: John Covici's post re Web-Braille

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:03:43 -0500

Hi -- actually my braille translation software for my embosser has a whole list of braille translation tables, including "grade0" which is computer braille, which is different from grade1, and also of course grade2, and a bunch of others I have no idea about...
But I think the software has to be configured for whatever you are doing.
THere aren't just 2 choices any more.
And on jaws there is "structured mode" and document or text mode, and you can specify what grade of braille you want in each -- and structured mode is for navigating things like the windows desktop and menus and such.
It's really quite interesting -- I am new to this area and am finding out all kinds of things and issues I never thought of before.
Anyway, happy reading!
--le

----- Original Message ----- From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>