[guidedogchat] Re: kerbs

  • From: "J Kimbell" <whitetiger62@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 22:41:21 -0000

Yes, think its the same here, we walk alongside the dog's hindquarters, so you can drop back or move up a little as and when needed. The B type is usually given to those who have more trouble with balance or if the dog is more boddy sensitive to keep you from bumping, though on reflection, maybe its the same thing isnt it? Someone which less good balance is more likely to bump in to the dog!! I dont know what other reasons one may be given a B type. I dont even know why I was given it last time, I never questioned it, I think the GDMI was going on the assumption that m any people with hearing loss do have poor balance and the B type would giveme more stability. I do wobble occasionally but no more than any one does on the odd occasion and I dont rely on my dog as a prop. I had a balance test last year which proved my balance is fine!! Was nothing to do with guide dogs but to do with something else. Not something I'd wish on anyone, it was awful!!!

Julia

----- Original Message ----- From: "Caitlyn Furness" <caitlyn.furness@xxxxxxxxx>