[guidedogchat] Re: kerbs

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 13:48:03 +0200 (CEST)

Charles,

Sounds to me like you need a longer harness.

My lad isn't forced to sit at the kerb by me, but he will sit down hard if
there's an obstacle he can't get around, or a vehicle suddenly shoots in front
of us. This is a very clear indication, and is very useful.

Vince.

Message Received: Sep 26 2014, 08:24 PM
From: "Charles Rivard"
To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [guidedogchat] Re: kerbs

At GDB, they are trained to stop, but they are still standing. I would
think that having them sit would possibly be a problem. You are walking,
holding the harness handle, and, wouldn't the dog pull the handle out of
your hand by sitting down?

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished,
you! really! are! finished!