[guidedogchat] Re: Medallion

  • From: "Melanie Akpotu" <melaniemacneill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 20:38:07 +0100

I don’t think they put their names, and also advise us not to put them on our
own personal ID tags either, in case someone looks at the tag and entices the
dog away by name.

Mel.

    From: "Nadine Lattimore"
    To: "guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"

    We have an ID card same as you by the sound of it. Guide Dog qualification
ID number is on medallion on collar. Microchip number is not used for daily ID,
only medical or passport boundary travel documentation.

    Quartz details engraved on metal medallion keeps wearing off. Is he trying
to go awol or retire early, perhaps just a manufacturing flaw?

    Nadine Lattimore

    On 4 Apr 2014, at 23:05, Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

      Nadine, in the UK we have ID cards, the size of a credit card, with a
photo of the owner, but not the dog, and the dog's ID number, and not the
owner's.

      The ID number will be on the dog's microchip as well.

      Vince.

        Message Received: Apr 04 2014, 07:19 PM
        From: "Nadine Lattimore"
        To: "guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
        Subject: [guidedogchat] Medallion

        In ROI our dogs have a medallion for ID and seal of approval working
        status. What do other countries have?

        Nadine Lattimore

07:34:00