[guidedogchat] Re: Medallion

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 00:37:44 +0200 (CEST)

Nadine,

I've just thought, which I wasn't doing earlier! The dog also wears an ID disc
on his collar, and that has his name and ID number on as well. Guide Dogs let
me have a few spare ones when we qualified, so I could have several collars
with these attached.

Vince.

Message Received: Apr 04 2014, 11:23 PM
From: "Nadine Lattimore"
To: "guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Subject: [guidedogchat] Re: Medallion

We have an ID card same as you by the sound of it. Guide Dog qualification ID
number is on medallion on collar. Microchip number is not used for daily ID,
only medical or passport boundary travel documentation.
Quartz details engraved on metal medallion keeps wearing off. Is he trying to
go awol or retire early, perhaps just a manufacturing flaw?

Nadine Lattimore
On 4 Apr 2014, at 23:05, Vincent Thacker  wrote:

Nadine, in the UK we have ID cards, the size of a credit card, with a photo of
the owner, but not the dog, and the dog's ID number, and not the owner's.

The ID number will be on the dog's microchip as well.

Vince.

Message Received: Apr 04 2014, 07:19 PM
From: "Nadine Lattimore"
To: "guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Subject: [guidedogchat] Medallion

In ROI our dogs have a medallion for ID and seal of approval working
status. What do other countries have?

Nadine Lattimore