[guidedogchat] Re: Medallion

  • From: Nadine Lattimore <nadine.lattimore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 23:23:14 +0100

We have an ID card same as you by the sound of it. Guide Dog qualification
ID number is on medallion on collar. Microchip number is not used for daily
ID, only medical or passport boundary travel documentation.

Quartz details engraved on metal medallion keeps wearing off. Is he trying
to go awol or retire early, perhaps just a manufacturing flaw?

Nadine Lattimore

On 4 Apr 2014, at 23:05, Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Nadine, in the UK we have ID cards, the size of a credit card, with a photo
of the owner, but not the dog, and the dog's ID number, and not the owner's.

The ID number will be on the dog's microchip as well.

Vince.

Message Received: Apr 04 2014, 07:19 PM
From: "Nadine Lattimore"
To: "guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Subject: [guidedogchat] Medallion

In ROI our dogs have a medallion for ID and seal of approval working
status. What do other countries have?

Nadine Lattimore