[guide.chat] Joke

  • From: "Dave Bonner" <djbonner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 19:50:18 -0000

An Irishman, an Englishman, and a Scot were sitting in a bar. The view was
fantastic, the beer excellent, and the food exceptional.

"Y'know" said the Scot, "I still prefer the pubs back home. Why in Glasgow
there's a little bar called McTavish's where the owner will buy your 5th drink
after you buy 4."

"Well" said the Englishman, "at my local, the Red Lion, the barman there will
buy your 3rd drink after you buy the first 2."

"Ahhh that's nothing" said the Irishman. "Back home in Dublin there's Ryan's
bar. Now the moment you set foot in the place they'll buy you a drink, then
another, all the drinks you like. Then when you've had enough they'll take you
upstairs and see that you get laid. All on the house."

The Englishman and the Scot immediately pour scorn on the Irishman's claims.
He swears every word is true.

"Well" said the Englishman, "did this actually happen to you?"

"No, not me personally," said the Irishman.
"But it did happen to me sister."