[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] guide.chat - the good old days

  • From: "JunePorter" <june.porter9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lyn Rudge" <b00kworm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:50:11 -0000

Hi Lynn
Although I didn't go to Lickey Grange, the meals at Wavertree and Henshaw's
certainly left a lot to be desired. What a weird concoction, fried eggs and
crisps. I think we were given cod liver oil during the winter, and I think they
used to give me a spoonful of malt, which was awful! I think I recall being
given halibut oil capsules, but why I was given them I don't know. As I said in
a previous email, Wednesdays were a dread at primary school. I think they used
the cheaper cuts of meat for us. You must have lost an awful lot of weight at
that school, especially if they gave you all that fatty stuff.
from
June.