[gsis_admins] Re: SIS access for non-teacher of record

  • From: "Tarleton, Anna" <Anna.Tarleton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 19:08:02 +0000

We have created courses with "numbers" of Football, Baseball, etc. Then they
schedule the student in that course. It can even be checked just for the terms
that the sport is active, and you can create sections for each level (JV,
Varsity, 9th). We also have generic courses for Speech and other services. Just
make sure you do not check transcript on the course so that it doesn't post to
transcript. If you use a state course number of 00.0 (I think) it will upload
to SLDS. O am not sure because I don't do this.
This document is really old and needs to be updated, but it gives you the
general idea. We don't let schools add courses. That I all done in our
department.
Anna