[gsis_admins] Re: SIS access for non-teacher of record

  • From: TAMMY DENSON <tammy.denson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:20:49 -0500

Under sys admin>calendar>periods> I already have instructional periods 1-8
and then I added AS as the next period below 8> no start and end times> and
check non-instructional.
[image: Inline image 1]

As far as courses go, the set-up is minimal and you don't enter a state
code at all.  We have some that are listed all year long on the students
schedules because the coaches are still looking at the students and need
the rosters for various things even though the activity may be over.  It
may be for fund-raising or banquets or just making sure the students stay
on track in the off season.
[image: Inline image 2]

*

Tammy D. Denson*
*Student Information System Coordinator*
Morgan County Board of Education
1065 East Avenue
Madison, GA  30650
(706) 752-4600
(706) 752-4601 fax
tammy.denson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Corporate Sponsor Co-Chair, Georgia Student Information Systems (GSIS)
Users Group *

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Carolyn Oliver
<COliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> How did you set up an AS period and non-reporting courses?

> Usually EIP, speech and hearing are connected to kids for viewing through
> caseloads. Sports and extra-curricular activities are placed in the
> schedule through an AS (after school) period and non-reporting course, so
> coaches or sponsors can have rosters and view the students info. If
> students are rostered, Coaches can see through their daily planner if they
> players were absent from school and should not be participating in
> practices.
>
> *
>
> Tammy D. Denson*
> *Student Information System Coordinator*
> Morgan County Board of Education
> 1065 East Avenue
> Madison, GA 30650
> (706) 752-4600
> (706) 752-4601 fax
> tammy.denson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> *Corporate Sponsor Co-Chair, Georgia Student Information Systems (GSIS)
> Users Group *
>

> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Carolyn Oliver <
> COliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>  How are you handling giving sis access to staff such as EIP teacher,
>> Hearing Impaired teacher, Speech teacher, football Coach (anyone who needs
>> access to grades, attendance, etc, who is not teacher of record)? How are
>> you setting up your SIS so that these teachers have access to SLDS?
>>  Carolyn

PNG image

PNG image