[gptalk] Re: Local Admin Passwords

  • From: "James Kagele" <james.kagele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 11:08:00 +0100

I think this is where Jamie's encoding comes to play -- If you run a
gpresult in verbose mode you will see the password is in clear text. The
password is available to anyone with network access or the ability to
run gpresult.

We use the same procedure but simply mitigate by only running the policy for
a specific period of time and locking down the gpresult.exe so only
administrators can run the command.

James