[gps-talkusers] Re: extra, extra, read all about it!

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 09:29:17 -0500

Power drain is indeed a concern for now. Battery technology is
advancing (in five years, the new batteries that last twice as long
and charge in five minutes will be out, and I'm not making that up).
For now, though, a spare battery, juice pack (a case capable of
charging the phone), solar charger, or something might be a good idea
until you see exactly how your battery holds up under your personal
use case.

As for sounds, take a look at http://www.aftershokz.com and see if
that solves the problem. These are basically headphones that use bone
conduction, so you hear your audio as clearly as with normal
headphones, but your ears are not blocked, allowing you to hear your
environment with equal clarity.

I cannot answer the calling while using the gps question. I imagine it
would not work, at least not with this version of iOS, thanks to the
bug that silences vo during calls. If that were fixed, though, I can't
imagine any problems, especially with the next iPhone that will use 4g
networks where available.

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)