[gps-talkusers] Re: My gps experience this morning:

  • From: Mary Ellen Earls <meearls@xxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 12:39:04 -0400

Visuaide doesn't come out and really say what kind of receiver is used in the
trekker. I have one and really like it because it tells you where the streets
are in the intersection you are coming up to.
as far as accuracy I have been really wowed by it. You have to consider,
however, the variables such as the time of day, whether you are in a more urban
area or in a car.
I primarily use the Braille Note gps so have not had the experience of using
the trekker in a car. I have also not taken either of them into our downtown
because like so many other American Cities our downtown has become a ghost town
I have found with the trekker that it tells you points of interest just as you
are coming up to them.
If you want a comparison, the delorme is closest in resemblance to the Trekker
antena and closest in accuracy too.
I think that is why I am taking such a shine to the delorme and I wouldn't be a
bit surprised if the trekker's receiver were not something identical to the
delorme.