[gps-talkusers] Re: Earthmate on the bus?

  • From: "Richard Bartholomew" <richard_bartholomew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:09:02 +0100

Hi,

As I've previously said, I find the Magellan 310 gives a more reliable
signal on the bus (and I don't sit next to the engine nor do the buses have
tinted windows) as well as when on foot than the Earthmate which, I'm
assuming is because it has an external aerial.  To my mind, if a device like
the Earthmate is directionally sensitive, this is a disadvantage for a
totally blind person since, ideally, what is required is for an instrument
to be switched on and for it to work rather than having to play around with
getting it in the right position - taking into account that you will not be
able to see potential obstructions!

Although I love the Earthmate's size and rechargeability, mine will be
sitting in the drawer until something changes whereby it becomes more
reliable.

Regards

Richard Bartholomew
E-Mail richard_bartholomew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx