[gps-talkusers] Re: Earthmate on the bus?

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:57:22 -0400

Ann,

Not only the buses metalic frame, but actually the windows (if they're
tinted using a metalic film) will block the satellite reception for any
gps receiver.

If you're near a window which opens, you may try opening it to see if
you suddenly are able to aquire satellites.

Buildings, electrical activity (power lines), heavy cloud cover, all
also contribute to poor satellite reception, as does the operation of
nearby cell phones.

Hth,

Chip

=20