[gps-talkusers] Earthmate on the bus?

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:46:49 -0400

Hi all,

I spent the morning taking buses downtown and so on, as a mobility
lesson.  when I got onto the bus, I sat near the driver, but the
engine compartment was between me and the driver.  The Earthmate
behaved very oddly.  It lost all satellites and couldn't get a fix at
all.  Then, once I got off the bus, it was fine.

I had just charged the unit for about two hours.  How long should I
charge it?  Why is it behaving this way?  I noticed that it also took
a very long time to acquire any satellites, even when I was walking to
the bus stop from home.  What gives here, folks?

Ann P.

--
                        Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp@xxxxxxxxx