[gps-talkusers] Re: Defective California map?

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 07:37:43 -0500

Hi,
As stated on this list the garmin glow will work with the Apex and Sense products but it isn't easy. Because of it being so difficult to get up and running we do not recommend using the garmin glow for every day users.

I will outline the steps below.  Good luck.

Apex:
1. Search for bluetooth devices, pick the garmin glow receiver from the list and select serial as the service.
2.  at the authentication code prompt type 1234 and press enter.
3. go into Navigation and press O, G, B.
System will attempt to connect to the glow and will lock up requiring a reset. (Note this isn't the fault of the Sendero GPS.
4. reset and go into Navigation again.
You may need to reset again, I can't remember as I'm doing these steps from memory.
Eventually you will  acquire a position.

You will need to do the above steps each time you do a hard reset, IE 4-5-6 reset or your battery dies.

Braille Sense u2 and onhand.

1. Search for bluetooth devices, pick the garmin glow receiver from the list and select serial as the service.
2.  Go into Sense Navigation or Google maps for that matter.
3. Switch to the bt receiver by pressing control-g or backspace-g and select Bluetooth serial from the list.
4.  The sense device will lock up requiring a reset.
5.  Reset the sense device.
7.  The sense device will lock up again. so reset.

When you reset and go into Sense Navigation you should be connected to the garmin glow. You can go into Google maps and switch to the bt receiver now that the connection is established.

Again, because of the way you need to connect the garmin glow Sendero group does not recommend using this receiver with the Apex or Sense Navigation. The receiver has not been tested with mPower or PK devices so I have no idea if the above steps will even work for those devices.

Good luck.

Chris

On 3/9/2013 7:04 AM, John Gallagher wrote:
Hi there I have the 2013 gps on my apex now and yesterday morning in the
uk things were so slow downloading.
I must say using the pc maps to download makes truly much better.
looking forward to using the software.
I have just acquired the garmin glow mainly for my iphone but will see
if it will work with the apex.
I use buses and trains a good deal and find where the gps receiver is
placed makes a huge difference picking up the sats.

cheers now.
At 11:22 09/03/2013, you wrote:
Try redownloading, the slowdown we were experiencing yesterday seems
to have resolved itself.

It is possible you have a bad download.

On 3/9/2013 3:29 AM, Peggy Kern wrote:
Hi, guys. I installed the GPS 2013 tonight, but I think a file is
missing from California. I don’t see a California-2013.rmf file,
and all the other states in the west coast region have a
state-2013.rmf file. When I’m asked to choose the map I want to
use, I see Oregon, Washington, Nevada, and Key1. How do I fix this? I
used the space with t to go into directory mode, and I also looked at
all files, including hidden files, and it doesn’t seem to be there.
Help!

Peggy

--

Developers of accessible GPS and distributors of technology for the blind

Office Phone: 888-757-6810

Email: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sendero web: http://www.senderogroup.com

General GPS Web: http://www.AccessibleGPS.com

Sendero Address: 1857 Glenmark Way, Roseville, CA 95747

To change your email settings (unsubscribe, digest only, or vacation
mode):

Developers of accessible GPS and distributors of technology for the blind

Office Phone: 888-757-6810

Email: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sendero web: http://www.senderogroup.com

General GPS Web: http://www.AccessibleGPS.com

Sendero Address: 1857 Glenmark Way, Roseville, CA 95747

"unsubscribe" in the Subject.