[gps-talkusers] 2013 UK MAPS

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 12:54:01 -0000

Hi

I've just taken my 2013 Sendero out for a test. There is a lack of
commercial POIs and I suspect that there are files missing or possibly
wrongly named or corrupted in the download.

I am getting place names and official POIs like railway station but no
commercial POIs at all.

I have checked that all files have been copied on to my SD card and have
even re-downloaded the files and the expanded folder is still the same size
so there are no differences between what was downloaded and what I am using.

For the UK there seem to be two POI files while for Ireland I appear to have
four files are missing files from the UK. Please could someone check the UK
download.

Also while I'm in moaning mode why did it take nearly three hours to
download the UK and Ireland plus the new software using the update facility
in Sendero Maps on my PC when the download of the same components only took
about 15 minutes using the direct download from the site.

Thanks

Steve