[gps-talkusers] Re: Defective California map?

  • From: John Gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 12:04:49 +0000

Hi there I have the 2013 gps on my apex now and yesterday morning in the uk things were so slow downloading. I must say using the pc maps to download makes truly much better. looking forward to using the software. I have just acquired the garmin glow mainly for my iphone but will see if it will work with the apex. I use buses and trains a good deal and find where the gps receiver is placed makes a huge difference picking up the sats.

cheers now.
At 11:22 09/03/2013, you wrote:
Try redownloading, the slowdown we were experiencing yesterday seems to have resolved itself.

It is possible you have a bad download.

On 3/9/2013 3:29 AM, Peggy Kern wrote:
Hi, guys. I installed the GPS 2013 tonight, but I think a file is missing from California. I don’t see a California-2013.rmf file, and all the other states in the west coast region have a state-2013.rmf file. When I’m asked to choose the map I want to use, I see Oregon, Washington, Nevada, and Key1. How do I fix this? I used the space with t to go into directory mode, and I also looked at all files, including hidden files, and it doesn’t seem to be there. Help!

Peggy

--

Developers of accessible GPS and distributors of technology for the blind

Office Phone: 888-757-6810

Email: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sendero web: http://www.senderogroup.com

General GPS Web: http://www.AccessibleGPS.com

Sendero Address: 1857 Glenmark Way, Roseville, CA 95747

"unsubscribe" in the Subject.