[gpodder-devel] gPodder like podcatcher I'm working on for Android

  • From: koeglstefan at gmail.com (Stefan Kögl)
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 13:35:16 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 3:40 AM, Leif Andersen <leif at leifandersen.net> wrote:
> So one of the features that NetCatch needs to have is integration to
> gpodder.net. ?It seems like there is a published API here:
> http://wiki.gpodder.org/wiki/Web_Services/API_2, and even a java version
> of software to connect with here: https://github.com/nheid/mygpodderlib
> ?However, it does not state what license it is under. ?Is it safe to
> assume that it is GPL? ?If so, does it matter what version? ?(The FSF
> seems to claim that v2 is not compatible with Apache, but v3 is, and
> although I don't agree with some of the FSFs claims about dynamic
> linking, I would like to avoid any legal troubles I may have in the future).

As Bernd already pointed out, mygpodderlib has been developed for
GpodRoid, which is licensed under the Eclipse Public License v1.0 [1].
However I don't know if it is safe to assume that mygpodderlib uses
the same license. Maybe open a new issue and ask for license info to
be added.

> Finally, if you have any other feedback to send me (even if it's just to
> tell me that I shouldn't call it DroidPodder or something like that), I
> would appreciate hearing about it, as well as any other help you're
> willing to give with the project. ?Remember though that it still is an
> early alpha, and a lot of the features are missing, and the ones that
> are there are quite buggy.

It's always great to hear about new gPodder / gpodder.net related
projects! As I am the maintainer of gpodder.net, feel free to contact
me with any issues regarding it.

-- Stefan

[1] https://github.com/nheid/GpodRoid/issues/closed#issue/4