[gpodder-devel] Help needed for next release of gPodder

  • From: thp at gpodder.org (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 23:04:14 +0200

Hello all!

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:50:00AM +0100, Bernd wrote:
> I'm using the playlist feature and I think I have a rough idea how to
> implement this.

Thanks to all of you for your input and ideas. It's really good to see
interest in bringing this feature forward, but as I've already mentioned
in my original post, what I would really like to have is a patch that
implements said functionality.

I've added a tab and an information message to the preferences dialog
now, and I'm waiting for patches. I've also added a mock-up of a
possible multi-device configuration panel (try it with "python
doc/dev/deviceconfig.py" - it's non-functional, just layout and UI):

    http://khan.thpinfo.com/~thp/images/gpo-deviceconfig-mockup.png

Bernd: Maybe you can provide some mock-ups of the integration of the
playlist feature and an overview of the parts of gPodder where this
would need to be introduced? Please note that the whole sync code should
be modular (i.e. place all related code in gpodder.sync and
gpodder.gtkui.desktop.sync).

In the mean time, I'm going to prepare a new release without the device
UI config (which is fine for users upgrading from older versions, as
their settings will of course be preserved).

Again, patches are welcome ;) I really hope that we'll find someone to
implement this during the next release cycle =)