[gpodder-devel] Help needed for next release of gPodder

  • From: thp at gpodder.org (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 23:28:00 +0100

Hello there!

We're somewhere in the middle of the gPodder 2.4 release cycle, and one
of the blockers for this release is the lack of a config UI for portable
device synchronization (FS-based, iPod and MTP). The old UI was removed,
because the preferences dialog has been re-written (I like the new one
much better if I may say so myself ;).

Personally, I have not used this feature for a long time, as I've been
using gPodder directly on Maemo devices for portable needs. This brings
two problems:

 a) It's not an itch I need to scratch and
 b) others might have better ideas how this feature should work.

So, who wants to write a little "portable device config" UI for the new
preferences dialog and send a patch to be included for the next release?