[gpodder-devel] Download authentication bugfix

  • From: nikosapi at gmail.com (nikosapi)
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 00:52:15 -0400

On September 28, 2007 08:48:03 Thomas Perl wrote:
> Hello, Nick!
>
> On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 20:52 -0400, nikosapi wrote:
> > Another bug which I didn't have a chance to look into was that I
> > couldn't cancel a download that is in progress. If I have time, I'll
> > look into it this weekend (if you didn't already get to it).
>
> You shouldn't change the download thread's "url" attribute, as this is
> used to find the right episode to cancel. I wonder if you need the
> URL-changing part of your patch at all, because if you look at the top
> of the gpodder.download module, I already do the authentication part. I
> think the only thing needed from your patch is the "load_settings()"
> call on the channel when creating them from the channels.opml file.
>

> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

To quote Moss from the IT Crowd, "Egg and my face were in alignment." :D

I kept wondering what what the hell prompt_user_passwd( self, host, realm) was
for! I guess I didn't pay attention to the fact that it's part of a
urllib.FancyURLopener class. I shouldn't have second guessed your code :)

The attached patch is just the fix to load the channel settings on start-up.

Have a good day,

nick