[gpodder-devel] Deleting podcasts from iPod/gPodder

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:53:12 +0200

Hello, Daniel!

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 17:16 +0100, Daniel Scott wrote:
> 1. When I delete a podcast in gPodder, the podcast remains on my iPod,
> even after I have synchronised it. Is this supposed to happen? Do I
> have to do "Remove Podcasts" and then Synchronise to remove podcasts
> from the iPod?

As Pieter already pointed out, gPodder's "sync" functionality is
currently one-way only. So episodes deleted in gPodder won't
automatically be deleted on the iPod. It's on the TODO list, however,
and as soon as I have the time, I might implement it. You could always
offer to do it yourself, and I'll give you some pointers on how to do
it. And last but not least, you could try to bribe me into implementing
that with the help of my Amazon wishlist ;)

> 2. It would be great if it was possible to remove the entry for
> deleted podcasts from the feed list. I know that it's possible to
> remove the podcast, but is it possible to remove the entry from the
> list too?

The entry will automatically disappear as soon as the feed stops
carrying the episode. The reason I don't want to "hide" these episodes
is that if someone deletes an episode by error, she can still see the
episode as "available".

I plan on doing a "New episodes" tab (or something like that) when I
have some free time and lust to implement things - it's gonna be an
overview of episodes from all channels that are new and unplayed.