[goodfeel] Re: a couple of lime questions

  • From: Brandon Kozak <bkozak1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Goodfeel <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 05:43:25 -0600

As far as the piano piece goes, I believe both hands are going to have to be
entered separately.

To have each part sound like the instrument you want, go to the part for which
you want to change the sound.  Make sure you are at the first note in the piece
for that part.  Alt+a, X, I for the "General Midi" anotation.  You will be
placed at the OK button.  Shift-tab back until you hear JAWS say "Class", and
choose what instrument grouping your sound falls under (such as brass, reeds,
etc.).  Tab to "General Midi Instrument", and choose the instrument sound you
want, tab to the OK button and press enter.  This will allow you to hear that
part as the sound you intend.  Now, this will leave you with a "general midi"
anotation in your score, which means nothing to your performers.  Select the
anotation with alt+right or left arrow and alt+a, S, H (for anotation style
hidden).  This is so that the anotation for the midi will not appear in your
printed score.

Happy to help,
Brandon