[goodfeel] Re: Handling 64th note values in lime aloud

  • From: "Dancing Dots" <billlist1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 10:55:09 -0400

For rhythmically complex MIDI files, I think Lime might do a better job of
importing rather than opening the file directly in GOODFEEL.  As I recall,
shortest note value in GOODFEEL's MIDI Part Control equals 7 which maxes you
out at 32ND note values.  Yes, send file here and we can play with it.

Lime's MIDI import is a bit tedious as you must create a new file with at
least enough empty measures to hold music from your MIDI file.  It must have
one part for each MIDI track.  So if your MIDI file has 4 tracks, your empty
Lime file must have 4 parts.  Use Voice | Parts and Voices to add parts
(ALT+V, V).  If there are any time signature changes, you must create them
in the empty Lime file before importing MIDI into Lime.  The MusicXML import
feature of Lime is much smarter.  To import a MIDI file, you must import it
one track at a time.

Regards,
Bill

Bill McCann