[goodfeel] Re: Any tips for using the list archives?

  • From: Bill McCann <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:31:06 +0000

Hi, David,

Glad to hear that you have explored the archives a bit.  Sorry if I sent a link
that pointed to the entire freelists archive.  I should have sent the link
which you supplied.  That is:
//www.freelists.org/archive/goodfeel/

Here's an example of how to use the archive search:

Go to the page using the link:
//www.freelists.org/archive/goodfeel/

Move to search box.  JAWS users type the letter f as in foxtrot and then press
ENTER to enable Forms Mode.

Type a search term into the box.  Try:

MusicXML

Press TAB once and then space bar to click on the Search button.

Freelists shows related messages in reverse chronological order.  To ensure
that you JAWS users like me find the link to the first one:

Press CONTROL key when you start to hear JAWS reading text of page that comes
up after you choose the Search button.

Press CONTROL+HOME to move to top of page.

Type the letter n twice and you will be positioned at the top of the list of
links and brief excerpts to related messages shown on that page.

Press TAB to move to the link that will display the entire thread for that
message and press ENTER to display it.

Generally, I have found that using the JAWS webpage navigation keys like n and
h allow you to pass over the Google ads that are all over the page.

Bill

Bill