[gmpi] Re: where we is? R 1-11

  • From: "Vincent Burel" <vincent.burel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:04:09 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Hockin" <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 2:30 PM
Subject: [gmpi] Re: where we is? R 1-11

> On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 06:15:29PM +0100, Vincent Burel wrote:
> > > Plugins must not be expected to support dynamic sample rates. The
sample
> > > rate must be set very early in the life of the plugin and not changed.
> > > Plugins can indicate non-support fo a sample rate by returning an
error.

> > the samplerate should be provided with all informations regarding memory
> > allocation and initialization process, like number of audio in and audio
> > out.
>
> There's not been a requirement that says audio-in and out is necessarily
> fixed...

well,
i meant that the samplerate, nb audio in and audio out (at least) are
information that need to be known together to make allocation and
initialization correctly. So i would prefer to get all this kind of
information in a single function in order to avoid ambigus cases , like :
"ok i recieve samplerate, but is the number of input defined or not ? can i
allocate my table or parameters stuct right now or should i have to wait for
an other information "... well this kind of boring details that are usually
bad implemented in C++ architecture where there is one function for each
parameters, boring... and generating many potential troubles...

VB