[gmpi] Re: Reqs section 3.6

  • From: Marc Poirier <fipnid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 19:23:52 -0800 (PST)

This is too ambiguous for me:

Req 20:   There must be some mechanism for plugins to request host
services.

What is it about?

I don't see why this should be a requirement:

Req 21:   GMPI must support plugins that act as gateways to non-GMPI
things (e.g. ASIO input/output, MIDI input/output, JACK input/output).

FIXME: Later, we assert that full-fledged GUIs run out-of-process. Do we
expect every plugin with an out-of-process GUI to write their own
GUI-to-GMPI proxy? Or do we standardize out-of-process plugins?

I'm all for supporting out-of-process GUIs.  I would like VAMPIRE, errr I
mean GMPI, to standardize this.

Marc

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/