[gmpi] Re: Reqs section 3.6

  • From: "Vincent Burel" <vincent.burel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:02:28 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Gogins" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 2:44 AM
Subject: [gmpi] Re: Reqs section 3.6

> Regarding 3.6.18, I think it should be a requirement to use OSC. If OSC
> takes off this will leverage the power of GMPI, and requiring this for
GMPI
> may help OSC take off.
>
> Regarding 3.6.20, the host's plugin to GMPI should be an interface (a
> pointer to a strongly typed list of function pointers) similar to a COM
> interface that the host provides to the plugin upon request. In all
> likelihood, there would be several such interfaces that the plugin should
be
> able to request by string name with or without version number (strong
name,
> weak name).

by GUID it's better i think.

> Regarding 3.6.21 (gateways), are things that GMPI needs to tell any of
these
> hosted services, or can we just leave this requirement worded as it
stands?

i would remove this requirement because
- as Marc said, the host cannot forbid to the plug-in to do something
completely different than audio processing (Post it plug-in, Prompt Plug-in,
TCP/IP Chat plug-in, Mail Plug-in, PacMan Plug-in, WinAmp Plug-in , Remote
Plug-in... etc...)
- GMPI will take in charge the AUDIO, the TIMECODE and the MIDI (in term of
hardware in/out) and in anyway won't forbid the possibilities to add other
PIN TYPE if necessary (SERIAL, LPT, USB) .

so...
VB