[gmpi] Re: Reqs 5, 6, 11 for debate

  • From: "Michael Gogins" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:55:13 -0500

Frankly, I think the acceptability of a portability library depends almost
entirely on its quality. Many developers (I, anyway) would use such a
library not only for a few VST plugins, but also for other things that they
do. Right now, I automatically use libsndfile for reading and writing
soundfiles no matter what I'm doing. I'd be happy to have a portability
library of similar scope and quality, and if i did, I would use it all over
the place.

Michael Gogins
gogins at pipeline period com
Irreducible Productions
CsoundVST, an extended version of Csound for programming music and sound
Available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/csound/