[gmpi] Re: Reqs 5, 6, 11 for debate

  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:45:05 -0500

Where did that come from?

"Special pool" were my words, typed in haste.  Yes, duh, of course it's
paged locked memory.  The kind that has existed in every O/S including
Windows since the dawn of time.  Today in Windows they make it hard for user
mode apps to allocate locked memory.  This will change and GMPI should be
able to take advantage of it.

There is no reason for the approach that Longhorn is going to force on you
Ron, you know it,
<<<

If Longhorn gives me page locked memory and CPU and disk reserves, you bet I
want to use it.  If I host a GMPI plugin that is allocating memory that
might fault during streaming, or reading from disk outside my reserve, I
can't host it within the scope of these new services.